WHO?!?!?!

Welcome to Reverend Wayne Austin Goodchild's official blog. Not that there's an unofficial one...

Click WAYNE GOODCHILD IS HAUNTED to go to his Facebook page! There's good stuff on it! Honest!

...all work on here is copyright wayne goodchild, unless otherwise stated, you cheeky monkeys...

Monday 28 September 2009

TOO. MUCH. COFFEE.

That's all I drink nowdays. I think been (as in, used to be) the manager of a café instilled a secret addicition to a lovely cup o' joe, in me. I don't think it helps that I have a little ritual in which I always have a coffee on the go when I'm writing. But, they do say coffee stops cancer. But ruins everything else in your body. Like your teeth. I remember watching Wife Swap, and these nutters drank coffee through a straw. Absolutely mental.

Recently read The Killing Joke, the 80's Batman graphic novel in which The Joker famously cripples Barbara Gordon (don't worry, that's not a spoiler; it happens pretty quickly). It's not exactly the mind-blowing masterpiece everyone seems to think it is, although that might only be because there have been better Batman/Joker stories since. Taken within context, at the time it was released, I can see it have been a shocking idea.

I like Alan Moore's writing, although he tends to overegg the pudding a bit, especially with dialogue. The Joker is presented incredibly well, but Batman's a bit too "grrr, you'll get yours, you scumbag!". Oh, and the origin of Joker is a bit....hhmmmmm. But it might not be real. Ahhhh! Clever bastard.

No comments:

Post a Comment