WHO?!?!?!

Welcome to Reverend Wayne Austin Goodchild's official blog. Not that there's an unofficial one...

Click WAYNE GOODCHILD IS HAUNTED to go to his Facebook page! There's good stuff on it! Honest!

...all work on here is copyright wayne goodchild, unless otherwise stated, you cheeky monkeys...

Monday 8 February 2010

NATURE...RUNS AMOK!

I've been so preoccupied with bubbling over like a fat kettle that I completely forgot to post some actual good news. Tarnation!

ONE MAN AND HIS DOG has been accepted for the Zombie Zoology anthology by Severed Press!

An elderly exterminator finds a peculiar cockroach, and subsequently dooms his entire town. OOOOHHHH???

Currently re-drafting Grease Paint and Monkey Brains, which is about a sinister circus (but really, is there any other kind?). I really love this story, just need to get some pretty big plot holes filled in then I'm going to see where I can sub it to. Thanks once again to the critters on Cafe Doom, who've really helped me out lately, with some editing. Mainly, a horror/weird/western story called ...And The Band Played On, which has been subbed somewhere and I've got my fingers crossed about it.

What else? Nothing really. I'm a big fan of video games, and am currently playing Dragon Age: Origins on the Xbox 360. Story and setting's proper cut-and-paste fantasy guff but it succeeds by pulling a few rabbits out of the top hat. For one, elves aren't the hippies they normally are - they're slaves to humans, which is a bit different. Also, dwarves operate on a Caste System which, again, actually makes them interesting. I don't read fantasy, mainly because I haven't found anything interesting or unusual (I do read/like/write urban fantasy, though) but enjoy playing fantasy games. Maybe because you're actually involved in events? I would think so.

I also picked up the Fleet Foxes album recently, as a bit of a gamble. I really like it. They're sort-of at the other end of the spectrum to bands like Skeletons and the Kings of All Cities. Whereas that band is genuinely terrifying (with blasts of nightmare jazz accompanied by Hi-Life guitars and kitchen folk percussion), Fleet Foxes are very, very pleasant, though this is tempered with a sinister lyrical edge that appeals to me. Check out their single, White Winter Hymnal, to see/hear what I mean:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DrQRS40OKNE

although I'm certain I've seen a hand-drawn animated video for this...

No comments:

Post a Comment