WHO?!?!?!

Welcome to Reverend Wayne Austin Goodchild's official blog. Not that there's an unofficial one...

Click WAYNE GOODCHILD IS HAUNTED to go to his Facebook page! There's good stuff on it! Honest!

...all work on here is copyright wayne goodchild, unless otherwise stated, you cheeky monkeys...

Wednesday 14 July 2010

“THE LORD SHALL MAKE THE RAIN OF THY LAND POWDER AND DUST, FROM HEAVEN IT SHALL COME DOWN UPON THEE, UNTIL THOU BE DESTROYED”

My story OF DIRT AND DUST has been accepted for Pill Hill Press' Return to the Middle of Nowhere antho! I only submitted it at 11am today, too!

I think I mentioned it already, but as a refresher, it's about an agent for the Department of Agriculture who travels to a tiny town to find out why no-one's responding to telegrams. It initially started as a clear 'Bad Day At Black Rock' style paranoid thriller but rapidly turned into a short, sharp environmental horror. Yeah, I think I can call it that. Oh, and it's set in the heart of the Dust Bowl in the late 1930's! Wait that's right I did talk about it before because I linked to this awesome documentary that I used as my primary research source: http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/americanexperience/films/dustbowl/

Seriously, if you have an hour spare check it out - you can see how something like this is ripe for horror writing!

Watched In The Mouth of Madness again tonight. Man, I fucking love that film. Pardon the swearing but I fucking love it. I'd marry it if such a thing was possible. Marry it and fuck its brains out!

Screw it, I'm going to do a post soon that's just a massive love letter to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment